Sunday, May 16, 2010

Tough Week Ahead.

It's the end of the year, and that means one thing: Point projects. Projects teachers use to make or break your grade at the end of the year. That is, with the final of course. I am doing two video projects: one on the life and work of Ogden Nash, the other on Richard Nixon, the Watergate Scandal, and the Nixon Interviews. Both fascinating topics, but unfortunately, I've only finished the Nash project.
I quite like Mr. Nash. He really knows how to laugh at himself. I can admire that in anyone, really. It makes life a lot less gloomy.

My step grandfather is dying of hepatitis and some sort of cancer. I feel awful that I don't know more about it... But we were never that close. I pity him, I really do. He contracted Hepatitis from a tainted blood transfusion back in the late 80's. Pain is one of the worst kinds of suffering. The reason I bring this up is what my grandmother said to me the other day. Being the deeply religious lady that she is, she told me he was an atheist, and he feels he has nothing to look forward to, so dying is sad for him. I should think death is sad for anyone... But besides leaving your body to become part of the earth... It seems like it could be a whole new adventure. He gets to figure out the truth. But who am I to speak, I'm not dying... As far as I know. It's a messy situation... Sorry.

I see a lot of couples around me these days. I am happy for them, you know. It's summer, the air was a sharp 90 degrees today... School will be over soon. I will admit, though, that it makes me a bit sad. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to connect with a person in such a way. I've never really known that. My confidence has eroded these past few months... I shy away from eye contact or conversation with strangers. I wish I could make it stop, but it's become a nasty habit. I used to be so outgoing. I keep putting off working on it, I keep compensating, making excuses why I was justified in missing an opportunity. It's truly sad.

I'm depressing. In my blog.

Something happy...Something happy...
SUMMERS COMING ON!
I decided to take up a pet project. I want to learn the ukulele, and make movies. I won't let fear of failure or other people stop me now! Aha!
tired..
More happy later.
GOODNIGHT! And may your dreams be less ordinary than mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment